The frog-eyed woman clawed feverishly at his belt. 'Stand up!' she pleaded. 'Please stand up! You'd be a very handsome man if you'd just stand up!'
He laughed distractedly. 'Listen, madam,' he snapped. 'I'm damn near intolerably handsome down here where I am. You'd go crazy if I stood up!'
. . . Outside . . . the flag went down and these ten poor buggers popped their clutches and zoomed into the first turn, all together, then somebody grabbed the lead, and a cheer went up as the rider screwed it on and disappeared in a cloud of dust.
'Well, that's that,' somebody said. 'They'll be back around in an hour or so. Let's go back to the bar.'"
Today, we went to Keeneland. Horse racing is very big in these parts. And by big, I mean larger than Emerald Downs by a magnitude of 10.
Mother won money on this horse. Probably because it levitates.
When you need a 'lil wooh WOOH
The Parasol: Umbrella's wussy sister
Steve's epic mount. Huhuhu.
Hu hu hu hu hu. Dat's awnly in da mornin'
ReplyDeleteShe shu be up makin' you breafasa sumfin'
ReplyDelete